What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through certain web pages, in addition to the above for Conexia, they are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services allowing us to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, They can be used to recognize the user and improve the experience of the service offered.
Types of cookies
- Own cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
- Session cookies: Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: The data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Technical cookies: Those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, Carry out the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: Allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which you access the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: Allow the person responsible for these, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: Allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces. Behavioral advertising cookies: They store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a specific profile to display advertising based on this.
Disabling and deleting cookies
Conexia reminds you that the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer can be managed by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, it is recommended to do so from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the Help menu of the browser where you can find instructions.